WinRAR is a tool designed by Windows to view, create and decompress various files formats. It is embedded with BLAKE2 and CRC32 checksums for every files in an archive in order to test the integrity. However, sometimes it might happen that RAR file is having checksum error. One of the scenario regarding checksum error is mentioned below:
I get “checksum error while extracting encrypted RAR file on Windows 8 based system”. Then I extract the file using WinRAR tool but I am continuously getting same error message. Is there any solution to fix RAR CHKSUM error in the encrypted file?
Possible reasons for CHKSUM errors in WinRAR file
- Harmful malware programs and virus infection on WinRAR files
- The use of unreliable software to extract or compress RAR file results in CHKSUM error.
- Interruption while downloading RAR files due to several reasons such as power failure, low battery, network problems, etc.
- Several other reasons responsible for such errors are file system corruption, error while transferring RAR file, improper data recovery, etc.
Simple Steps to Fix RAR CHKSUM Errors in the Encrypted File
Re-download the RAR file if possible because some errors are caused due to improper downloading or error in net connectivity. There are chances that CHKSUM error would be eliminated from RAR file.
- Download WinRAR tool on your computer or laptop. Launch the application in order to fix errors in RAR file.
- Select the path for corrupt RAR file which needs to be repaired. Press Repair on the top right of the screen.
- Confirm the folder to save repaired archive. You can also browse location to save on desired location. Now check-in archive type and press OK.
- Wait until you received confirmation notification. Check whether RAR CHKSUM error is fixed or still having same problem.
In case, you are not able to fix errors through above mentioned steps then you need to use reliable third party tool. Remo Repair RAR is an application tested by professionals and it concluded that it can easily fix checksum error in WinRAR file. Some of the advanced features of Remo Repair RAR tool are mentioned below:
- Demo version consists of all features except the option to save repaired files so that users can check the efficiency of tool.
- Capable in fixing WinRAR checksum error in the encrypted file from hard drive, external hard disk drive, pen drive, memory card, etc.
- Apart from checksum errors, you can also fix CRC errors, cannot open RAR file error, packed data checksum error in volume, RAR error 17540, etc.
- It can be installed on all the versions of Windows operating systems such as Windows- XP, Vista, 2000, 2003, 7, 8 and 10
- Technical support team is available to guide customers while repairing WinRAR file. The licensed version of tool is incorporated with option to store fixed RAR files.
Precautions to avoid scenarios
- Avoid interruption while downloading RAR file
- Use reliable antivirus tool to remove malicious file
- Keep backup of all important files in external data storage device