Hello Friends!!! The amount of data is increased on my hard drive so I decided to purchase a new hard drive with larger capacity. A new hard drive consists of single partition so in order to store different type of data separately I partitioned Mac drive into two volumes. While attempting to repartition of Mac drive, an error message pop up on screen states that “Couldn’t modify partition map because file system verification failed.” Kindly suggest how to resolve a partition failed error in Mac OS X.
Before we discuss about the steps to resolve the issue, let’s see few precautionary measures to resize he hard drive from a single partition.
- First launch Disk Utility on Mac system
- Go to Applications > Utilities Folder > Disk Utility
- Choose the hard drive in the left pane and Go to Partition tab
- Click on the Graphical structure of hard drive in the Partition Layout
- Now drag the partition upward in order to shrink the size of partition
Manual steps for resolving partition failed error in Mac OS X
- Restart the Mac computer and switch to single user mode
- In order to switch into Single User Mode, press and hold Command+S
- Open the Command Prompt and type the command: /sbin/fsck/ -fy
- Once the process is finished, type exit to close command prompt
- Reboot the computer normally and again go to Disk Utilty > Select Disk > Click on Verify Disk
Still you are under same condition then don’t get panicked, use Remo Recover utility. It recovers entire data from hard drive in few simple and effective steps. This software can be installed on all the versions of Mac operating systems. You can also employ this tool in recovering data from corrupted, damaged, formatted and reformatted hard drive on Mac OS X.
Features of Remo Recover Tool
- You can download this software on various Mac based systems such as Lion, Mountain Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mavericks and Yosemite.
- It recovers data of different file types such as audios, videos, images, PDF files, Office document files, compressed files and many more.
- This software consists of advanced algorithm that scans entire drive and recovers data with few mouse clicks. It allows user to search recovered files according to file signature.
- Technical support executive is available to assist user while recovering data from hard drive on Mac systems. You can contact through emails and phone calls.